Draw a still life using value to create space and visual drama.
- Your drawing must be done from life
- Your drawing must have at least three objects in it
- There must be a foreground, middleground and background
Keep in Mind:
- Dutch Still Lifes had a wide range of values, check and see if your drawing has a full range of values. Use your value scale as a guide.
- Try to avoid contour lines, use value to distinguish shapes from one another
- Wrap your marks around the object, like a piece of string, to show their shape
- Don’t forget to look at your still life!
Download the PowerPoint here: dutchstilllifepresentation